Monday 10 January 2011

UT-002 Hehfu - Perfection Is Boring

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. In any decently ordered universe songs by Hehfu would be number one in every nation and on every planet and everyone would be a whole lot happier for it.

While there are many bands and artists whose music I love very much (and more appearing all the time – keep ‘em coming), none has the melodic sense, the effortless delivery or the sheer timelessness to lodge into my head as I drift off to sleep in quite the way the music of Hehfu does. And there would be nothing amiss should I wake in the morning to hear the milkman merrily whistling the same tune to bring in the day (except I don’t have a milkman).

There is the power in all Hehfu songs to reach well beyond the likes of me and, frankly, please whole masses of people. And much as I love all the other stuff I listen to, I’m realistic enough to admit that there is very little of it that has this kind of potential (the kind that draws in milkmen, that is, although some of it may appeal to Pat Mustard).

This album brings together Hehfu’s three albums so far. They haven’t had the attention they deserve. I named him number one in my Listen To Me top ten on Dandelion Radio last year, ahead of the likes of Th’ Parish, The Volcanic Ash Cloud and Vert:x, which is saying a lot.

You can get a copy of ‘Perfection Is Boring’ for just £2.99 from http://unwashedterritories.bandcamp.com/releases - 14 beautifully crafted, edgy pop gems for less than the average price of a pint.

I also feature three exclusive tracks from Hehfu in session in my January show (streaming at various times throughout the month at www.dandelionradio.com). Find out more about Hehfu at www.myspace.com/hehfu.

No comments:

Post a Comment